Enjoy the gardens and grounds
With a choice of garden games and activities
In the grounds
A wide range of activities are available for guests to enjoy whilst staying at the castle on a complimentary basis
From biking to boules
- Croquet: The croquet lawn is in the castle gardens. Mallets and balls are available from reception
- Tennis: The outdoor tennis court is next to the castle. Rackets and balls are available from reception.
- Giant Pick Up Sticks: Available from reception.
- Quoits: Available from reception.
- Boules: Available from reception
- Glenapp Gardens: 36 acres of private gardens and woodland to explore and we will provide complimentary wellies and jacket if you need them
- Mountain Biking: Cycle trails abound around the castle estate and adjacent glens. Take one of our complimentary mountain bikes for an adventure.
- Glenapp Garden Treasure Hunt: Details are available from reception
- Walks / Trails: Please ask for maps of local walks and walks from the castle including details of the stunning Ayrshire Coastal Path.
The following activities can all be arranged by calling us on 01465 831212 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will arrange a quotation from the team of local experts we work with.
- Clay Pigeon Shooting: Can be arranged and with traps set up in the gardens for parties taking the castle on an ‘exclusive use’ basis.
- Falconry Displays: Our Falconer will give a private demonstration of the ancient art and a display of up to a dozen different birds for small groups of one to four people or for larger groups of five to 15 people.
- Segway Adventure Tours: Private two hour session with instructor and two Segways.
- Archery: Private Archery instruction with two targets.
- Foraging: Private two to three hour session for two with a local foraging expert. Our Head Chef will be happy to create an additional dish for you at dinner from your foraged produce. Cost of the dish is dependent on the foraged produce.
- Stargazing: The clean air and lack of light pollution make Glenapp the ideal location to take a tour of the night sky, with our local astronomer guiding you across the the panoply of 7,000 visible stars.
- Exclusive Talk on Cashmere by Local Expert: Begg & Co was founded by Alex Begg in 1866 in the industrious Scottish town of Paisley. At the turn of the century, in 1902, the company relocated to Ayr on Scotland’s west coast. Rooted in nearly 150 years of shawl-making expertise, it has truly earned its standing as the quintessential Scottish brand.