Glenapp Castle - Luxury Hotel in Ayrshire, Scotland
Directions from Glasgow
From Glasgow - journey time one and a half to two hours.
- Heading West on the M8 motorway through Glasgow, soon after crossing the Kingston Bridge, take Junction 22 for the M77/A77 to Kilmarnock and Prestwick Airport.
- Follow the A77 past Kilmarnock and Ayr and through the small town of Girvan. Thirteen miles South of Girvan, you will pass through the village of Ballantrae, crossing the River Stinchar as you leave.
- Take the first turning on the RIGHT, 100 yards beyond the river (not sign posted).
- Continue along this road for almost a mile until you see the closed wrought iron gates of the castle and the adjacent North Lodge house. The gates are kept closed in order to preserve the privacy of the grounds and are automatically controlled. Please use the telephone entry system provided.
TO USE THE TELEPHONE ENTRY SYSTEM
The telephone is situated on the green pillar in front of the gates and is easily operated without leaving your car.
- First press the button marked RESET
- Then press the button marked 1
- Then press the button marked CALL
- Please wait for a reply
Please note that the South entrance to the castle, although marked on many maps, is kept locked for traffic safety reasons and that it is not possible for guests either to enter or leave the castle grounds by this route.