Family Holidays & Activities in Ayrshire & Scotland
Family holidays in Scotland at Glenapp Castle benefit from the hotel's excellent location - we are ideally located for a range of local activities which are suitable for chilren:
- Children are welcome to swim with their parents at the nearby spa, a five-minute drive from the castle, or visit the seal rocks at nearby Lendalfoot.
- As an outing for the day, we recommend, ‘Cream o’ Galloway’ (click to view the Cream O'Galloway web site) an organic dairy farm which makes and sells luxury ice cream as well as having an adventure playground and family nature trails, with a visit to the Gem and Rock Museum (click to view the Gem and Rock Museum web site) on the way back to the castle.
- Culzean Castle and Country Park provides yet more beautiful gardens, a play park for younger children, nature walks, and of course the magnificent castle itself.
- Turnberry Activity Centre, with archery, quad biking, horse riding – and of course, golf will challenge and delight older children, while the Animal Farm Park near Ayr (click to view the Animal Farm Park web site) is ideal for younger children.
- Boat Trips to Ailsa Craig, sea fishing and loch fishing for trout (with tuition) can also be arranged.
- Heading south from the castle, Logan Fish Pond (click to view the Logan Fish Pond web site) and The Mull of Galloway (click to view the Mull of Galloway web site) provide another half-day children’s tour, with a stop for lunch or afternoon tea in Portpatrick.
- To the east, the vast Galloway Forest Park (click to view the Galloway Forest Park web site) provides many more walks, cycle tracks (click to view the 7 Stanes web site) and nature trails.
Above: Family holidays in Ayrshire, Scotland at Glenapp
Enjoy the latest special offers and the best rates direct:
Book Online / Tel: 01465 831212 / Email: email@example.com
Glenapp Castle Hotel, Ballantrae,
Ayrshire, Scotland KA26 0NZ
Tel +44 (0)1465 831212 -
Fax +44 (0)1465 831000