- Glenapp Castle is located in Ballantrae, South Ayrshire
- Closest Airports are Glasgow Prestwick and Glasgow International
- Closest local station is Girvan and the closest Mainline train station is Glasgow Central
- Glenapp Castle was built in 1870 by the celebrated architect David Bryce for James Hunter, the Deputy Lord Lieutenant of Ayrshire
- The castle and its lands were purchased in 1917 by James Lyle Mackay, subsequently the first Earl of Inchcape.
- The McMillan family acquired the castle in June 1994 by which time it had fallen into disrepair. Their daughter and son-in law, Fay and Graham Cowan made the castle their home and embarked upon a lengthy restoration.
- In April 2000 the castle opened as a Five Star luxury hotel
- Glenapp Castle is a member of the prestigious Relais & Châteaux. Relais & Châteaux is a collection of the most beautiful restaurants and hotels scattered around the world.
- The castle has 17 luxuriously appointed bedrooms including suites and Master Rooms.
- Glenapp castle is set in 36 acres of stunning gardens and woodlands which include an Azalea pond, Italian Garden, walled garden and 150ft Victorian Glasshouse.
- The castle has an award winning restaurant
- The castle is available on exclusive use for weddings, corporate events, product launches and private family celebrations
- We offer a wide range of Luxury Gift Vouchers on our website suitable for all occasions
- Guests can enjoy a wide variety of activities either in the castle grounds or nearby. Activities ranging from tennis, archery, clay-pigeon shooting, horse-riding, spa treatments, boat trips, croquet, zip wire, mountain biking and much more
- Many bedrooms and the Drawing Room has spectacular views across the Irish Sea to Ailsa Craig and Arran
- We are happy to arrange airport transfers for guests
- The castle is 10 minutes from the new Stena Line ferry terminal at Cairnryan with regular sailings to Belfast
- Glenapp Castle offers true exclusivity as it is not signposted from the road and access is via an electronic gate system for guess with a prior reservation only.
- We have a romantic, three night ‘Small Wedding Package’ just for two at £2013.00 in 2013.
- Weddings at Glenapp Castle can take place either in the castle Drawing Room, the gardens or 150ft Victorian Glasshouse.
- Guests can enjoy walking along the stunning Ayrshire Coastal path
- We offer special packages such as Stargazing Packages, Luxury Shooting Party packages, Spa packages, and Golf packages.
- The castle has disabled access for guests and a lift to the restaurant, drawing room and second floor bedrooms.
- Glenapp castle is open to non-resident guests for lunch, afternoon tea or dinner. A prior reservation is required.
- Each year we offer a very popular three night New Year Package which includes entertainment, a Champagne Cocktail party and Hogmanay banquet with wines.
- For food and wine connoisseurs we offer Gourmet Weekends or evenings on selected dates throughout the year.